Monday, August 23, 2021

More on quilts

A dear friend volunteers once a month to sew quilts for the Lutheran World Relief Program. Since i have had several donations of free fabric in the last few months, I volunteered to make several quilt tops from remnants. The patterns I used are Amish Bars, Patchwork, and Variegated Round the World. I am also donating the fabric for the backings of 8 to 10 quilts. I have 8 finished and will probably round it out to 10. I shopped at Habitat for Humanity Restore in Oak Ridge, TN on Saturday and purchased 4 "comforter covers" which amounts to 2 full sheets each for $1.00, so 50 cents per quilt. I plan to go back to the store this week 8-2021 and buy more of these. All are mauve in color. Will post a photos soon. I was unsure of the size at the time so I just bought 4, but the size is perfect and the price is right.

No comments: