Thursday, December 12, 2013

Toni Penery Accepts Appointment as Acupuncturist in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma


For Immediate Release

From: Valir Health
700 NW 7th Street
Oklahoma City, OK

Valir Health Adds Acupuncturist to Staff

Toni Penery (my daughter) to Head Department of Alternative Medicine

CEO Tom Tucker announced today that Valir Health will begin providing the services of acupuncturist Toni Penery. “We are fortunate to have found Ms. Penery. She comes to us as a graduate of the University of Tennessee’s Department of Anthropology which includes the world-renowned Body Farm.

Penery holds a 2006 B.S. Degree with a major in Anthropology and a minor in Pre-med. She is also a 2013 graduate of the 3 year program from the Academy of the Five Elements of Acupuncture in Gainesville, Florida.

Tucker said, "Everyone is moving toward trying out the more natural ways of taking care of themselves and we at Valir Health believe that this movement is due to fact that these 'natural' alternatives to healthcare work for millions of people each year. We are proud to be offering acupuncture to Oklahoma City and we think that people will be pleasantly surprised at the results that they can get from this safe and effective form of treatment."

Penery will begin taking patients on Dec 9th. Appointments will be available from 9am-6pm Monday through Friday at the new offices on the first floor of the Valir Rehabilitation Hospital. The location is quiet and easily accessible and is a place in which people can relax and have a whole-body treatment for what ails them.

Penery explains, “Acupuncture is an effective treatment for all kinds of pain, infertility, sports injury, migraines/headaches, stress, anxiety, and pretty much anything else you can think of. Acupuncture/ Chinese Medicine do not aim to treat the migraine, but aims to treat the person with the migraine in order to correct the issue causing migraines to begin with. This results not only in migraines becoming less frequent or intense, but also a provides the patient with a sense of well-being, better sleep, better digestion, and less stress."

Penery comes from a traditionally Western Medicine background so no one was more surprised than her when she found herself looking to acupuncture for pain relief. "I had neck and shoulder pain so bad that my arms and hands would go numb, I had terrible headaches all the time, my ears were constantly ringing. I was a hot mess when I went in for the first treatment. I had no idea what to expect, and I hate needles so I was pretty freaked out. After that first visit, I was pleasantly surprised. It was like someone had taken all the pressure off or let the steam escape. I felt renewed. I was sold."

Shortly after her first acupuncture experience she began to ask more in-depth questions to her acupuncturist who encouraged her first by recommending books and then by suggesting that she go to acupuncture school. "It's weird how life works out,“ she said. “I never in a 1000 years thought that I would want to get acupuncture and it was the very thing that completely transformed my life."

Penery has always wanted to work in a field in which she helps people, "I am excited to serve the Oklahoma City community. She said, “People are my passion. I adore that you can always find something to admire or respect in someone. My goal is to help people get well and stay well in order to enjoy happy, healthy lives," she said.

"Acupuncture is 1000s of years old and is widely accepted as the oldest continually practiced medicine in the world. It works by inserting very thin sterile, stainless steel needles into certain points on the body in order to gently coax the person back to balance and thus back into health."

"People always ask, ‘Does it hurt?’ and my answer is, "Occasionally people have an intense sensation but acupuncture rarely hurts when practiced by a skilled and well-educated practitioner. In acupuncture school, needling technique is a major focus of the education. We knew we were getting good when we could insert needles into balloons without bursting them. I'm basically immune to the sound of popping balloons at this point, Penery said.

Visit
www.valir.com for more information.


##End##

No comments: