Friday, December 6, 2013

ALERT from Arbor Terrace--Beware of Strangers


I just wanted to share with my professional friends an issue that we recently had at Arbor Terrace. We had a “family” of 3 people to drop by Arbor on the pretense that they wanted to tour for a family member. Our Executive Director was having them fill out some information because I was on my way back in from my car. When I came in, she directed me to where they were sitting, which was in 3 chairs in our living room, just outside of the entrance area to the administrative offices. I introduced myself and they were all very friendly. They asked me if they could just wait there for a few minutes because they had two other family members that planned to join them for the tour. I told them yes. I excused myself and went to the ladies room. When I returned they were not sitting in that area any longer. I asked the executive director where they were and she said she had not seen them leave the building….so we searched the building since they were nowhere in sight. Apparently, they had left Arbor while Joy was busy with a family member at front desk. It was not until the next day that Joy received a call from her credit card company that she had over $2,000 charged to her acct at Best Buy, another $695 at Foot Locker, another $200 + at Dick’s and had tried several other places. Joy immediately stopped the credit card charges. They ended up having 2 different cards and have charged well over $6,000 on her cards. We have them on tape and so does Best Buy. We just thought that you needed to have “heads up” that this is happening in your back door, because it happened in our front door. If you have had any issues, or question marks about any recent “tours” that really were not legitimate, please call us. The Knoxville Police Dept definitely feel that this is probably a “ring” of professionals. They stole her driver’s license also.
Kathy M. Coffey
Senior Care Counselor/Marketing Director
Arbor Terrace Assisted Living
9051 Cross Park Drive
Knoxville, TN 37923
(865)670-4111

No comments: