Tuesday, January 5, 2021


This king-size quilt is finished. It weighs 12 pounds. I sent these photos to a friend and she says it is a work of art. The lady I am making it for says I am "an artist." It truly has turned out to be a one-of-a-kind work of art. I have entitled it "Work" because each piece of fabric came from a garment worn by someone who was going about a job that possibly involved lifting something heavy, driving a truck or tractor, using machinery, and maybe even dancing. I am happy the lady employed me to make this quilt. It was, at times, difficult to deal with due to the massive size. Denim is a heavy fabric to work with. As the quilt grew in size, so did the challenges of sewing it and even lifting it from room to room. The bed in these photos is queen-size. As you can see, it is way bigger than this bed. The customer has a king-size bed and plans to use a dust ruffle. I also made 2 pillow shams but forgot to photograph those. 



 

No comments: