Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Greg Lambert Was Saved by His Gun by M. Woodward

Former Knox County Commission Greg Lambert urges citizens to listen to how his life was saved by his gun before agreeing to let the government take yours.
Lambert said when he passes a cemetery he remembers how close he came to death on November 11, 2004.

Lambert posted these comments on Facebook.  "I can't believe it has been nine years already! Nine years ago today on a rainy Saturday a deranged kid came to my car lot shopping for a car. When it came time to pay, he pulled a pistol. I pulled mine, and, fortunately, after a brief conversation, he put his down. Later, he was charged with murder for killing David Lindsey, a truck driver at Walgreen's about 12 hours before he showed up at my place. He told detectives his plan was to kidnap me, take me to a field and execute me so that I could not identify him.
I celebrate this day every year as my second birthday because, were it not for my gun, firearms training and carry permit, I would probably have died that day. I also use this day to encourage the people I care about to get a gun, some training, and a carry permit.
It is a dangerous world out there and the last nine years of my life I owe to my decision to be ready for the dangers."
Lambert said during that conversation  with the murderer he remembers so well,  he said to the young man, "You do not want to do this. If you pull that trigger, I'll pull mine and the folks who respond will find two dead men here. Is that what you want?"  When faced with his own death, the man backed down and fled. He was later chased down, eventually stood trial, found guilty and is in prison.


After completing one term on the county commission, Lambert went to work as a bailiff for Magistrate, Brenda Lindsay-McDaniel. He closed his car lot, got married and says he enjoys life to its  fullest—a life he would not have had if not for his gun.


No comments: