Monday, March 21, 2011

To clear up rumors

Yes, we did call 9ll
Yes, the fire truck did come to my home.
Yes, the ambulance came and I was hauled down my front porch steps strapped to a gurney and whisked away to St. Mary's, but NO, I did not have a heart attack.

I did have a rapid heart beat that made me feel like someone was playing drums right in my ears. I told my son and he immediately got me some help.

AFTER 4 days in the hospital, and after seeing 6 doctors and being prodded, poke and drained of blood (isn't that something they stopped doing a long time ago), it was determined that I had too much carbon dioxide in my blood and that caused the high blood pressure and rapid heart beat.

As most of you know, I have struggled with a serious lung disease caused from chemo. The doctors think I need to take care to breathe out more and gave me some things to do and put me on different meds, and on we go.

No comments: