Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My first novel is completed

I would never suggest to anyone that they write a book the way I wrote my first novel. Writing Even Wounded Birds Fly took me over ten years--No, I didn't work on it non-stop. Actually, I worked on it for a while, got discouraged, put it in a drawer where it stayed for many years. Off and on I would take it out, type it into a computer and vow to finish it. Then, I would get discouraged again, and go through the process all over again. This happened about four times as I changed computers throughout the years.
It was a conversation I had with a friend that made me determined to complete the manuscript. After hearing about a possible novel, she suggested that I let her read the book, and if she hated it, I could move one, but if she liked it, I promised I would finish it.
My friend thought the book had great potential and I set about working on it. she helped me by correcting my numerous grammar and punctuation errors and by encouraging me to keep working.
Even Wounded Birds Fly is the kind of book that is going to shock a lot of people. You will not believe that a mild-mannered, retiree could imagine such characters and such action.

No comments: